Grade Level Goals and Expectations
Our system of grading is based on the Orange
County Public School Alphabetic System of for Elementary Schools:
S = Satisfactory
W= Working towards the goal
N= Needs improvement
Additionally, if a student receives an N or a U, on any of their paperwork, it must be signed by a parent and returned.
In first grade, we use a goal sheet that is sent home with each report card.
This gives you an idea of what the expectations are, based on the time of the year. It also allows you to track your student's growth.
1st Grade Goals and Expectations
1st Nine Weeks
Leveled Reading Assessment
Below are the grade level expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks…Level E
2nd Nine Weeks…Level F
3rd Nine Weeks…Level H
4th Nine Weeks...Level J
Your child will be tested on the 1st grade sight word list each nine weeks. Below are the expectations for each nine weeks.
1st Nine Weeks… 30
2nd Nine Weeks… 60
3rd Nine Weeks… 90
4th Nine Weeks... 100
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Writing in complete sentences
- Writing paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion
- Including a beginning, middle, and end
- Using finger spaces between words
- Adding details
Below are concepts and skills that have been introduced and assessed during the first quarter. Please review the skills at home to prepare for any testing. J
- Numbers to 30: recognizing, reading, and writing
- Numbers to 30: comparing/ordering
- Numbers to 30: counting and number patterns
- Addition to 10: counting on to add
- Addition to 10: adding parts of 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Understanding the Equal Sign =
- Subtraction: counting on to subtract
- Subtraction: finding missing addends and parts of 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
- Addition and Subtraction Word Problems