Oakland Avenue Charter School and Orange County Public Schools are in constant communication with the Florida Department of Health and Department of Education regarding responses to COVID-19.
Department of Health data
To see the latest information about the impact of the COVID-19 virus in Florida and Orange County go to the state department of health Covid-19 Response page.
OACS is following appropriate protocols to protect staff at schools and work sites. The school's current cleaning products are proven effective against the Coronavirus (the virus that causes COVID-19).
When any person exhibits any of the symptoms listed below, he or she will be encouraged to stay home. Isolation limits the spread of the virus and will protect the overall health and wellness of others.
Anyone with symptoms should call a medical provider for guidance on what to do. Medical providers will ask questions to screen people for COVID-19 or other illnesses.
What is the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- A virus that causes diseases of varying severities, ranging from the common cold to serious respiratory disease
How does it spread?
- Between people who are in close contact
- Cough or sneeze droplets
- Touching your eyes, nose, or face with hands after touching an object containing the virus
What are the symptoms?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of the following symptoms:
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
How do you protect yourself?
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- Avoid close contact with people (six feet apart) and especially those who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, scrub thoroughly under nails and between fingers, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
Where can you find additional information about COVID-19?
Check out the following useful articles from the CDC:
The Florida Dept. of Health’s #COVID19 Call Center is 1 (866) 779-6121 available at all times (24/7) or you can email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
In support of the state’s efforts, the Florida Department of Health in Orange County (DOH-Orange) has established a Coronavirus Call Center phone number for Orange County, Florida residents. The phone number is 407-723-5004. The DOH-Orange Call Center is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.